This is part of my series “Ode to Brandon Crawford” the SF Giants shortstop….
It is the 20th Anniversary of the BFFL and there have been some strange and interesting things happen during those 20 years. I have put some them together here in the form of a quiz See how many you can get right without looking at the answers. Use the numbered answer key at the end and paste your answers back into the comment on the post. I will post the answers before the draft.
- I post every year regarding the previous champs, but there is a related list and it contains the teams that have reached the big show and lost! Do you know who has done that more times than any other team?
- The Rogainers have been to the playoffs 15 seasons of the 19 to earn the prize for the most playoff appearances, but do you know who has the longest current playoff streak?
- In the first round of the very first draft, 12 players were selected. 8 are in the Hall of Fame. There will eventually be 9. Name the player that is not in yet, but will be very soon.
- In year 1 the Commish had 2 family members in the BFFL. Who are they and what notable achievement marked each team’s first year?
- Name the franchise that will celebrate their 20th season this year having never changed their franchise name?
BFFL Drafts have featured a wide variety of players over the years and there some interesting items regarding the 19 previous drafts.
- In 19 Previous drafts has one position group ever been drafted exclusively in the first round? If you answered yes, then which position do you think it was?
- There are no players still playing in the NFL since the inaugural BFFL Draft. There is one player that is still in the NFL from Season 2, can you name him?
- One Player has the distinction of being drafted in the first round of Season 6 and then 5 more times in the first round, including last year Season 19. Can you name him?
- There have been 5 Johnson’s drafted in the first round, can you name them?
- Brett Favre, Shaun Alexander and Edgerrin James have the distinction of being drafted 6 times in the first round of BFFL drafts. One player has been drafted 7 times in the first round, can you name him?
- Marshall Faulk and Brett Favre have the distinction of being drafted number 1 overall twice each. 2 Players are better than that, can you name them and the number of times they have been drafted number one overall.
- 2 Players from the same NFL draft class and same college were drafted in the first round of the same BFFL draft, can you name them? (Hint: they were part of the same backfield in college)
- Ok this next question will only be answerable by the long time vets, but a player was once drafted by one of our owners in the first round and the reason given for the selection, was that this owner had run him through a complete season in the new Madden and he had scored like 20 TD’s. Name the owner and the player.
- One more for the vets, a certain player has been drafted 3 times in the first round of the draft. One of those three times, it was punishment for one of the owners showing up 10 minutes late to the draft. Name the player and the owner.
Interesting fact Mark Brunell, Ron Dayne, Jamaal Anderson, Vinnie Testaverde, Kordell Stewart, Antonio Freeman, Willis Mcgahee, Marion Barber and Laurence Maroney have all made first round appearances.
- The Trojans and Phat Crew both have drafted from the top spot twice. No other owner has ever drafted more than once at the top, EXCEPT Brown Power. We all know he has drafted the last three years in a row from the top and 4 of the last 5 seasons. How many times overall has Brown Power been the number 1 pick?
- How many times has the Super Bowl Champ been the team with the best regular season record?
- How many times has the Super Bowl Champ been the regular season scoring champ?
- Leaving the technical argument aside for a moment, and just accounting decades as is popular in our culture, which team has one Super Bowl Titles in three different decades, the 90’s, 00’s and 10’s?
- Name the colors that have been part of BFFL team names?
- Based on the Years of Peter King articles you would think that the Branch Davidians have beaten the Rogainers in the playoffs 15-20 times. They have actually faced 5 times. Their last meeting goes all the way back to season 11. The Branch Davidians are 3-2 vs Rogainers in playoff games including 2 Super Bowl wins. The Rogainers 1 Super Bowl win was against the Branch Davidians. So there is a bit of a rivalry, though much hotter in the first decade of the BFFL. The question is which 2 teams have met the most times in playoff history?
All of last season data has been updated.
The page with the details of Season XVIII has been completely updated.